- Iridology is the study of the iris, or the coloured part of the eye:
- By looking at the iris, changing conditions can be seen in every part and every organ of the body.
- While iridology cannot detect a specific disease, it is able to tell if there is not enough or too much energy in a specific area of the body.
- It is a diagnostic tool rather than a treatment tool.
- The aim is to diagnose a potential illness as soon as possible, before it has a chance to develop into something more serious.
Iridology is usually performed at the end of an initial naturopathic consultation.